Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Saturday, May 5, 2012

O mighty coffee bean, bless me with sanity

It has been one crazy month already and it's only the first Saturday in May. Have a feeling that I'm going to have to find a way to do a few Coffee Reviews at some point this month. Anyhoo here's pretty much what's going on for me:

DeviantSAC May group show at Studio 24
Me and 10 other artists who are a part of the Greater Sacramento Art Group (also known as DeviantSAC) are joining forces and showing our works at Studio 24 on K Street which was kindly letting us show our work from May 12th to May 14th. Going to be interesting getting gallery shots of the show so that I can go ahead and post them on the group Facebook page but I'm looking forward to it. As one of the three co-founders of the group, I pretty much am in charge of keeping things organized, people on track and do all of the announcements to the general public about our upcoming shows. 

Blue Moon Gallery featuring Gloria Woolley & Joel Reber 
As always, looking forward to taking pictures of our monthly shows at the gallery. This time around I'll be at the DeviantSAC show in the morning taking care doing coverage for that before hurrying across town to take care of helping finishing preparations for this show. Can't wait to get the shots of this show and get them posted on the gallery's Facebook page (which I started and maintain with all updated information on the various shows and special events that we have at Blue Moon). 
I am also getting paintings ready to submit to our curator by the end of the month for our show in August featuring participating members of the Blue Moon Collective Artists. 

On top of the shows and updating I'm doing for Blue Moon Gallery and DeviantSAC, I am now happy to say that Sunlight of the Spirit (which I call SotS for short) is carrying some of my art along with my bookmarks. I still need to go ahead and start designing a series of designs just for their store but the folks there are nice and the atmosphere is rather relaxing. Go ahead and check out their website for more information. 


Things coming up:


I am also needing to get some designs done for an upcoming show in July for the Sacramento Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Coalition that a friend of mine is getting things organized for to put on. This particular show is going to be focusing on Fair Trade so it's going to be interesting to get things made for it. I'll be posting about it more when it gets closer to the show date. 

Also coming up in July is another group show that we at DeviantSAC are trying to get together. Currently we're still ironing out the details of securing a venue location but I should be able to make an announcement about it sometime in the middle of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. 

Well that's pretty much the low down on what's going on with me right now. Shows, business and monthly Elk Grove Artists (EGA) meetings. And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment