Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Coffee Review: Godiva Chocolatier Coffee – Peppermint Mocha


First off I have to thank a mystery coffee fan for sending some coffee to try out for you all. This unnamed appreciator of java gave me 2 different bags to try out. The first one that caught my eye was a shiny red 11oz (312g) festive bag of Limited Edition Godiva Chocolatier Coffee Peppermint Mocha. I have seen the Godiva Coffee bags in only a few locations but I hadn't picked up any since at the time I was busy with other things so the simple fact that I had one in my hands was thrilling.

The bag itself has not one but two things to reseal it once you get it open and opening the bag itself was surprisingly easy. It has been a while since I've come across a bag that did not cause me to struggle, curse, tare in a strange way, or pull up a nail so it was a pleasant change. The aroma that greeted my nose once I had been able to open the package was the sweet melody of chocolate and peppermint that is reminiscent of Godiva's dark chocolate peppermint bark. As I began brewing up a pot, it didn't take long for my room and quickly after the house to smell like a chocolate shop. With so much festive scents filling my house, there was a part of me hoping that the taste wouldn't disappoint in some way. The flavor itself did have the fruity tones of dark chocolate with faint hints of sweetness of peppermint. Even with that, the medium roast coffee was surprisingly mellow. One thing that I noticed while letting my coffee cool a bit was that the aftertaste actually seemed to be almost a suggestion of floral flavor. Perhaps it was just me but it was certainly interesting. For those who aren't too much of a fan of rich chocolate flavors, this might not be the coffee to try but if you love anything chocolate then you should at least give it a try.

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. is mostly known for their decitent chocolates and truffles but have started going into the coffee community fairly recently. They do have fairly standard flavors available: French Vanilla, Hazelnut Crème, Chocolate Truffle, and Breakfast Blend but have added 2 seasonal flavors which are Cinnamon Gingerbread Truffle and Peppermint Mocha. Checking out their website www.godivacoffee.com which is dedicated to their coffee products, unfortunately they do not have an option to order from an online store but they do have an option of looking for a local retail store by inputting your zip code. Due to that, the price of the coffee might be slightly different depending on who's selling it. There is a second option however which is they have an option that you can order any of their products through Amazon.com by being in the area of Grocery &Gourmet Food > Godiva

No comments:

Post a Comment