Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Monday, November 26, 2012

Collaboration with Rebecca Tripp – part 8


Both Rebecca and I have been a little pre-occupied as of late but we've been keeping each other updated on things. She had let me know that she had been sick for a week but was returning to work on her videos then the following week, my internet decided to go out. Earlier this week I had excitedly let her know that my internet had been fixed so I was up and running again, which in response she let me know that she had a video ready for me to check out. 




Waltz of Peonies has to be Rebecca's softest, most relaxing piece yet. The use of the flute and piano was a gentle compliment to the harp she chose for this composition. Listening to it a couple of times, there was something about the piece that reminded me of something I've heard once before but I couldn't put my finger on it. Onward to a search! It took me some time but I realized that it had some similarities to the Debussy Sonate written by French composer Achille-ClaudeDebussy (1862-1918). 
"Enlightenment" by Dawn Star Wood

Looking through the wonderful art she chose for the video, my mind tried to go through all of the floral paintings that I had done. I thought for sure that she might have used His Grandmother's Flower which I had painted back in 2010 based off of a photo I took while with my boyfriend when we were visiting his grandparents in South Dakota. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that she instead chose Enlightenment (painted in 2011). I've always been rather fond of the piece which was my rendition of a plaque that had Quan Yin on it. You can actually see and purchase the original over at Sunlight of the Spirit Books & Gifts which is located at 2314 J street in Sacramento, California. 

If you would like to see more from Rebecca and give her a message, here's where you can find her work:
deviantART: 
 http://rebeccatripp.deviantart.com/ 
YouTube: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/RebeccaETripp

No comments:

Post a Comment