Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Getting back on schedule

Having been home for a couple of says now from the road trip, I have not been just sitting idly. Actually, I have been busy keeping my schedule organized so I know what's in store for the rest of the year on top of finishing projects that I had started before the adventure that I had gone on. Wondering what I have going on? Well here is what I am aware of at this moment in time. Of course things may be added later but oh well, I shall update as I go. 

August
The month of August seems to be more turning in things and deadlines for the moment along with catching up on up on projects that I had started before hand and start the prep for things I want to make available before the holiday season really kicks into gear. Things that I'm playing around with in the back of my head is finally creating a business logo (which after so many years I have actually yet to do), making some possibly darker themed work to made available for October, and also some seasonal pieces for November and December. There is also the idea of having small drawing or painting challenges to do through out the next few months to help keep me active and possibly used as inspiration for later pieces. 



'Star Gazer' by Dawn Star Wood
September
September has an interesting start for me as far as events and shows. I have been invited to participate in Pence Gallery's 2018 Art Auction so I decided to submit Star Gazer as my entry. Some of you may remember that I had Star Gazer in the Elk Grove Fine Art Center's 6th Annual Fine Art Competition back in January. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to let it be seen in a new environment and by new people.

Pence Gallery
212 D Street     Davis, CA     95616
Hours: Tue. - Sun.  11:30am - 5pm
Art Auction Exhibit: September 1st - 15th
Art Auction: September 15th  6:30 - 9:30pm


October
This is where I have a couple of things going on. First off I have the KVIE 2018 Art Aution quickly followed by a group show at Pence Gallery. The Art Auction this year is set for the start of the month, having the Preview Gala on the first while having the 3 day televised event later that week. This year my piece Secret Garden was accepted. Once I find out which day and time slot it will be a part of, I will be updating the information of the event in a later post. 

' Secret Garden ' by Dawn Star Wood
KVIE Public Television
2030 W. El Camino Ave.     Sacramento, CA     95833
Preview Gala: October 1st
Art Auction: October 5th - 7th


As I mentioned before, I will also be part of a group show put on by Pence Gallery which they will be calling 'Something Wicked'. Speaking with one of the curators of the gallery whom I've become friends with, she's hoping to bring forth a Tim Burton type of vibe to the show but has left this spooky October show up to interpretation so that the participating artists have some creative room to work with. I have yet to do a final piece for this show but have made several rough sketches of possible ideas along with a color test piece of one such idea. 

Something Wicked Group Show: October 5th - 28th


November
It would seem that I had one event sneak up on me that I'm a part of. Originally thinking that it was happening in December, I had to check the paperwork that I had received. Nope! It's actually set for November! So I will be part of this year's Small Treasures Show being put on by the Elk Grove Fine Art Center. Each participating artist in the show is given 5 pieces of wood with the same dimensions and have to keep the series as a single theme (landscapes, still life, etc.). This allows people the chance to purchase either one of the pieces or the entire grouping within the series. 

Elk Grove Fine Art Center
9080 Elk Grove Blvd.     Elk Grove, CA    95624
Hours: Wed. - Sat. 11am - 4pm
Small Treasures Show & Sale: November 3rd - December 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment