Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coffee Review: Coffee and Collectibles – Tanzania Peaberry

For many long time residents of the Greater Sacramento area, Denio's Roseville Farmers Market & Swap Meet is a great place to find hidden treasures or enjoy fresh produce from area farmers. Now if you wander through the small farmer's market, you will come across a small shop called Coffee and Collectibles. Among the large mason jars of aromatic loose leaf tea blends, exotic spices, and sultry herbs there is a collection of various ground coffees they also have available.

Strolling through the selection, I came across some Tanzania Peaberry which I had never heard of before. Taking a whiff of the aroma, I noticed the sweet floral notes but there was something else about it that grabbed my attention so I purchased a couple of ounces and brought it home, sticking it into my own mason jar for safe keeping and to ensure freshness. Once home, I brewed up a pot of my newest acquisition and noticed that the scent of the coffee was relatively light compared to most coffees I've tried out. The flavor, I discovered, was relatively mellow with hints of sweetness with almost faint chocolate notes to it. Another interesting thing I need to note is that there is almost no aftertaste at all. It's rather smooth on the tongue and I have yet to taste any bitterness to it what so ever. Certainly a surprise since I was prepared for something to grab those back tastebuds.

For those of you who are willing to venture to Denio's, while strolling through the farmers market, don't forget to take a peek at Coffee and Collectibles. Everything is sold by the ounce and is of good quality so is well worth the time.


Denio's Roseville Farmers Market & Swap Meet 

1551 Vineyard Road 
Roseville, CA 95678

Hours: Fri. 10am - 3pm 
Sat. 7am - 3:30pm 
Sun. 7am - 5pm 

Coffee and Collectibles 
(916) 771-0765

No comments:

Post a Comment